In this post, I will demonstrate the conversion of a 188.8.131.52 non-CDB to a PDB. We will plug in 184.108.40.206 non-cdb named ncdb12c into a CDB called CDB2
Source = 220.127.116.11 non-cdb : ncdb12c
Target CDB : CDB2
Target PDB : ncdb12c
To get data from a Non-CDB to a PDB you have to do a convert of a Non-CDB to PDB. The conversion process is similar to unplug and plug of a pdb.
– Log into ncdb12c as sys
– Get the database in a consistent state by shutting it down cleanly.
– Open the database in read only mode
– Run DBMS_PDB.DESCRIBE to create an XML file describing the database.
– Shut down ncdb12c
– Connect to target CDB (CDB2)
– Check whether non-cdb (NCDB12c) can be plugged into CDB(CDB2)
– Plug-in Non-CDB (NCDB12c) as PDB(NCDB12c) into target CDB(CDB2).
– Access the PDB and run the noncdb_to_pdb.sql script.
– Open the new PDB in read/write mode.